Share a story
(a) a story, either your own or one from a family member or friend, of home loan ridiculousness and tag the story with #DeserveBetterer.
Share a selfie
(b) a selfie that shows how it feels to get rejected (your rejection face selfie) and tag the selfie with #DeserveBetterer.
Resimac.co.nz will reward the best entries with a $150 UberEats voucher.
Resimac “Avoid Home Loan Ridiculousness” Promotion
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter the Resimac “Avoid Home Loan Ridiculousness” Promotion (the Promotion), mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant. Entry is via Internet only.
- Entry is only open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older.
- The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The start and finish dates (Promotional Period) and judging dates and times for each promotion will be as advertised on the Promoter’s Facebook page (Promotional Page).
- To enter the Promotion, eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period for that promotion, fully and correctly complete and successfully submit their valid entry in the manner advertised. Eligible entrants must provide all mandatory information required to complete their entry into the Promotion. Such information may include, but is not limited to, the Entrant’s social handle and full name. Entrants must ensure that their Facebook/Twitter account used to enter the Promotion is set to ‘public’ prior to posting. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entrant fails to successfully submit their Entry in the manner required before the conclusion of the Promotional Period for that promotion, the Entry will not be judged as part of the Promotion.
- Eligible entrants may enter multiple times. Where multiple entries are permitted, each entry must be substantially unique, must be submitted separately and must independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
- Costs associated with accessing the platform and Promotional Page remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures of the Promotional Page. It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter of any technical malfunction or failure of the Promotional Page and the Promoter will endeavour to remedy the technical malfunction or failure of the Promotional Page in a timely manner.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period for the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information entered by an Entrant via the Promotional Page will deem an entry invalid.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Facebook/Twitter membership, applications and use of Facebook/Twitter generally is subject to its prevailing terms and conditions of use at www.facebook.com/policies or https://twitter.com/en/tos (as applicable). The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or Twitter. Entrants understand that they are
providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook and/or Twitter. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and/or Twitter and their associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an Entrant in respect of the Entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about the promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Entrants acknowledge that their personal Facebook and/or Twitter may be updated by entering the promotion and that their entry or entries and their name, locality username and/or profile photograph may be featured on the Promotional Page, on their personal Facebook and/or Twitter page and generally on Facebook and/or Twitter for public viewing during the Promotional Period and in perpetuity (unless otherwise requested). Once an entry is submitted, Entrants acknowledge that the entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
- For the Promotion, the number of winners will be judged from all entries received during the Promotional Period. Each eligible entry judged to be a winner will win one (1) prize pack containing the prize as advertised for the Promotion. Prizes may include a combination of one (1) or more of the following prize types: personal electronics, beauty products, food and beverages and consumer goods and services. Tickets, gift cards and/or vouchers (if any) included in a prize pack are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use including expiration dates. All prize values advertised are the Recommended Retail Price including GST. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). A prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The total value of all prizes to be awarded in the Promotion will be as advertised.
- All eligible Entries received during the Promotional Period will be judged by a panel of judges to determine the winning entries. All eligible Entries will be judged on the basis of originality and entertaining merit. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The winner(s) will be notified in writing (using the private messaging feature of the promotional platform) within two (2) days of the judging, will be published on the Promotional Page and will remain on the Promotional Page for no less than twenty-eight (28) days. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results of the judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each Entrant whose entry is one (1) of the best judged Entries must confirm their eligibility to be awarded a prize and their ability to accept a prize within two (2) days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that their entry has been judged as one (1) of the best entries, otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid. In the event that the Promoter cannot successfully contact the Entrant who submitted one (1) of the best judged entries within three (3) months of the judging, or in the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible Entrant, or if an Entrant is ineligible to accept or declines to accept a prize, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, award the prize to the next best judged entry. The Promoter will continue this process until an Entrant has been successfully contacted and the Entrant has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded a prize. For the avoidance of doubt, only once an Entrant has confirmed their eligibility to be awarded a prize will the Entrant, subject to these Conditions of Entry, be deemed a winner of the judging.
- It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner may be required to sign a prize acceptance release or other legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information
may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request Entrants produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm an Entrant’s identity, age, residential or email address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that entry will be deemed invalid. All prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promotional Page or the information on the Promotional Page, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- If a prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner in lieu.
- If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), epidemic, pandemic, government imposed restrictions directly affecting the promotion, any form of local or national lockdown directly affecting the promotion, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize.
- An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
- As a condition of entering a promotion, an entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion or as soon as practicable thereafter, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ).
- In these Conditions of Entry: “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Promoter: Resimac Financial Services Limited FSP148925 of 280 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland, 1052. Phone: 0800 38 48 58.