Resimac Financial Securities Limited
280 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland, 1052,
New Zealand PO Box 37066, Parnell, Auckland 1151
0800 38 48 58
Date of Preparation
15 March 2021
Resimac Financial Securities Limited (FSP148925) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and Scope of Advice
Resimac Financial Securities provides advice to clients about home loans provided by Resimac Home Loans Limited (trading as Resimac) only.
Resimac Financial Securities provides regulated financial advice where you engage with Resimac directly (but does not provide regulated financial advice to you if you engage with Resimac through a third party mortgage adviser).
Where you engage with Resimac Financial Securities directly, our financial advisers may provide you with regulated financial advice about Resimac’s home loans. This Disclosure Statement and subsequent disclosures apply to that regulated financial advice.
Where a third party mortgage adviser has referred you to Resimac, Resimac Financial Securities will not provide you with regulated financial advice. Resimac Home Loans Limited does not itself provide you with regulated financial advice. For information provided by Resimac Home Loans Limited, you are protected by responsible lending laws. Because of these protections, the recommendations Resimac Home Loans Limited gives you about its home loans are not regulated financial advice. Financial advice given in those circumstances is not covered by this Disclosure Statement. If you need regulated financial advice in this context, we will refer you back to your third party mortgage adviser.
Fees or Expenses
You will or may have to pay fees, expenses or other amounts to Resimac in connection with the advice we give you or where you act on our advice. For example, you may be charged an application processing fee. Fees and charges are outlined in our Schedule of Fees & Charges, which is available on our website: Schedule of Fees and Charges.pdf
Conflicts of Interest
Resimac Financial Securities has the following interest that may influence the financial advice that we and our financial advisers give. Resimac Financial Securities is wholly owned by Resimac NZ Home Loans Limited. Resimac NZ Home Loans Limited also wholly owns Resimac Financial Securitisation Limited, which wholly owns Resimac Home Loans Limited. Accordingly, Resimac Financial Securities Limited and Resimac Home Loans Limited are related companies.
We ensure our financial advisers prioritise your interests above their own interests and Resimac Financial Securities and its related companies’ interests by:
- maintaining a Conflicts of Interest Policy to ensure that Resimac has in place measures, processes and procedures to adequately identify, report and manage conflicts of interests;
- maintaining registers of conflicts of interest and of corporate gifts we receive; and
- ensuring all our staff undergo training about how to manage conflicts of interest in accordance with our Conflicts of Interest Policy.
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
At Resimac we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, but sometimes we don’t get everything right and we appreciate the opportunity to learn.
If you have a complaint, please submit it in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us to discuss on 0800 38 48 58.
When we receive a complaint, we consider it in accordance with our internal complaints process:
- Once you have made your complaint, we will acknowledge it within two working days of receiving it and refer it to the appropriate Manager for review.
- We aim to have your complaint resolved within five working days and we will communicate with you in writing our proposed resolution.
- If after five working days we can’t resolve your complaint, we will let you know and explain why we require additional time. We will work to resolve your complaint within 20 working days
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited. Financial Services Complaints Limited provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint where we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
You can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited by:
Phone: 0800 347 257 or 04 472 3725
Post: FSCL, PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145.
Resimac Financial Securities, and our financial advisers, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give financial advice.
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests;
- exercise care, diligence and skill in providing you with advice;
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice); and
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and only give suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.