We’re here to helpWe understand that borrowers may experience financial hardship from time-to-time. This could be due to unforeseen circumstances such as a illness, loss of employment, severe weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances.
We have a dedicated team of specialists who will work with you to determine the most suitable arrangement for you.
Common types of assistance we offer to help you through your situation include:
- Deferring your repayments or offering a temporary repayment break
- Converting your repayment types from principal and interest to interest only
- Reduced repayments or extension of terms
- Time to seek financial or counselling advice
Submit a hardship application
To apply for hardship assistance please complete and return the Statement of Financial Position form, including details of your requested arrangement. Download the form here.
If you require any assistance completing the form, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0800 38 48 58 or 09 927 7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, would you please provide the following information:
- Evidence of your current income e.g. recent payslips (PAYE), recent IRD Income tax summary
- 3 months of your most recent transaction account statements
This information is necessary to allow us to understand your current financial position and determine an appropriate arrangement. You can return the requested information in the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com, or
- Post to PO Box 37066 Parnell Auckland 1052
Once your application has been submitted, one of our team members will be in touch to find a solution that best suits your situation.
We recommend that you make whatever payments you can whilst we are considering your application and that you also propose realistic repayment plan details that will result in the eventual repayment of your loan.
Additional helpIf you need additional help, financial counselling services help people who are in financial difficulty. You should also consider seeking independent advise from a trusted adviser, these may include but not limited to
- Citizens Advice Bureau https://www.cab.org.nz.
- Community Law Centre https://communitylaw.org.nz.
- Money Talks - is an independent service which is completely free. The financial mentors can help you with confidential advice https://www.moneytalks.co.nz.
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, you may make a complaint to our Dispute Resolution Scheme FSCL https://fscl.org.nz 0800 347 257.
Resimac member number 4446